Monday, February 22, 2010

Creamy Italian CP Chicken

I got this recipe from Gloria, and I'll tell you I had kids go back for more!!  Super yum.

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
1 pkg Italian dressing mix
1 package cream cheese (8-oz)
1 can cream of mushroom soup*
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 bag frozen peas
1 cup milk
4 TBS butter

Turn Crock-Pot (CP) on. Let butter melt in it. Place chicken over butter & turn to coat. Sprinkle Italian dressing over all. Cook on high 4 hours. Combine soup, milk, cream cheese & chopped onion; heat up seperate and then pour over chicken.
Cook another 40 minutes or so until blended. Add peas before serving.
Meanwhile, boil egg noodles. Serve hot chicken over noodles.
8 Large portions
*I don't use cream of soups from the store, so this is what I did. I made homemade cream of chicken soup, I browned the onions for the recipe in some butter for the soup. I also didn't add the cup of milk, as I had already thinned out my cream of chicken soup when making it. Also, I didn't have any peas so we went with out those. Super YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment