House cleaning is like stringing beads with no knot at the end of the thread.

"Usually the Lord gives us the overall objectives to be accomplished and some guidelines to follow, but he expects us to work out most of the details and methods." -Ezra Taft Benson-







Monday, February 22, 2010

Creamy Italian CP Chicken

I got this recipe from Gloria, and I'll tell you I had kids go back for more!!  Super yum.

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
1 pkg Italian dressing mix
1 package cream cheese (8-oz)
1 can cream of mushroom soup*
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 bag frozen peas
1 cup milk
4 TBS butter

Turn Crock-Pot (CP) on. Let butter melt in it. Place chicken over butter & turn to coat. Sprinkle Italian dressing over all. Cook on high 4 hours. Combine soup, milk, cream cheese & chopped onion; heat up seperate and then pour over chicken.
Cook another 40 minutes or so until blended. Add peas before serving.
Meanwhile, boil egg noodles. Serve hot chicken over noodles.
8 Large portions
*I don't use cream of soups from the store, so this is what I did. I made homemade cream of chicken soup, I browned the onions for the recipe in some butter for the soup. I also didn't add the cup of milk, as I had already thinned out my cream of chicken soup when making it. Also, I didn't have any peas so we went with out those. Super YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment