Sunday, May 16, 2010

Alfredo Sauce (quick and easy!)

This is a quick and easy alfredo sauce, and I always seem to have the ingredients on hand. I don't claim it is authentic, but it is tasty, with the addition of garlic.


10 min
5 min prep
SERVES 4

1/4 cup butter
4 ounces package cream cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder or 1 or 2 fresh cloves garlic, minced *
1 to 2 cups milk (about)
1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (can use stuff in can, just not as good)
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
Saute' garlic for 1 minute but do not brown; OR add garlic powder, then add cream cheese stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.
Toss with hot pasta to serve.
*I have also used Johnny's Garlic Spread seasoning from costco. I change what I use all the time, depending on what I grab from the spice rack

No comments:

Post a Comment