Saturday, September 4, 2010

DEALS WOW!

I so love my DK Market!!  Send hubby to pick up some dried hot chilies and then I remembered I was out of bananas. And boy am I glad I was on the phone with him!  He got 15 pounds of bananas for me. I am so happy I could pee my pants! But I won't :)  What will I do with these bananas? Well, everyone (almost) eats one a day, plus when they get brown spots on them I will dip slices into a lemon juice dip or pineapple juice dip and dry them. Home made banana chips!  The kids love them. Also banana muffins, banana bread, and of course special pancakes!!!

Why am I so excited over 15 pounds of bananas? Because hubby got them for ...... are you ready for this? .... $0.29 a pound!!!  Yup! That's is correct! I am looking at the receipt and happy as can be! He also got my dried hot chilies for  the salsa I am going to attempt to make. Hope it's good.

I may run back next week for more bananas and make some banana jam, if I don't make any from the ones I already have. yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment