House cleaning is like stringing beads with no knot at the end of the thread.

"Usually the Lord gives us the overall objectives to be accomplished and some guidelines to follow, but he expects us to work out most of the details and methods." -Ezra Taft Benson-







Saturday, September 4, 2010

DEALS WOW!

I so love my DK Market!!  Send hubby to pick up some dried hot chilies and then I remembered I was out of bananas. And boy am I glad I was on the phone with him!  He got 15 pounds of bananas for me. I am so happy I could pee my pants! But I won't :)  What will I do with these bananas? Well, everyone (almost) eats one a day, plus when they get brown spots on them I will dip slices into a lemon juice dip or pineapple juice dip and dry them. Home made banana chips!  The kids love them. Also banana muffins, banana bread, and of course special pancakes!!!

Why am I so excited over 15 pounds of bananas? Because hubby got them for ...... are you ready for this? .... $0.29 a pound!!!  Yup! That's is correct! I am looking at the receipt and happy as can be! He also got my dried hot chilies for  the salsa I am going to attempt to make. Hope it's good.

I may run back next week for more bananas and make some banana jam, if I don't make any from the ones I already have. yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment