Friday, November 15, 2019

November and December Challenge: Week 4 Nov 23 - 30

So how are you doing so far? I am going to tell you right now. Brands only matter if you really taste a difference. I love Hunt's tomato products, they for some reason to me, taste better. I also like to have some Rotel on hand to make salsa. Do you make your own? What about spaghetti sauce? Woops off track, it was just what popped into my mind.

This week we are working on:

#23: Baked Potato Soup (ready to eat)
#24: Refried Beans
#25: Canned Chicken
#26: Canned Chicken (Yup, another can, because you will use it!)
#27: Chicken Broth
#28: Chili
#29: Black olives
#30: Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup (add water)

First month done! Whew!

It feels so good to have food in your larder, cupboard, pantry, etc. We are getting into that busy time: parties, dinners, shopping, more shopping, maybe buy something. Don't let life overwhelm you. Do your normal grocery shopping, but add an extra can  of whatever canned good you buy. The other day I was shopping, needed tomato paste, so I grabbed 2. I also needed some olives for the salad, so I grabbed 2 cans. And I grabbed 2 jars of spaghetti sauce, you see easy.

It's also that time of year for the creapy crud, colds, vomiting, diarrhea and body aches from fevers. Chicken noodle soup, or broth always helps. So make sure you grab atleast 1 can to have on hand. Sometimes Campbell's soups are in 4-packs and even 6-packs. When we had a Costco nearby us I bought it in a case. Now I can't eat it, but my kids will drink the broth and maybe slurp down a noodle or two when sick.

Why am I suggesting ready to eat soups? Well, for one, we are in winter, and when the power goes out, so does your well pump. You won't have water to add to your soup. This is why I suggest getting a few cans of ready to eat items. OH, and also, I love the Wal-mart brand of chicken breast in a can. It is yummy, GF and soy free, and ready to eat.







No comments:

Post a Comment