Tuesday, November 5, 2019

GF pancakes and yum

I love to cook. I love to bake. I love to can. I love to sew. I love my family. I love to know.

I also love to eat. You could say I am addicted, but can you really be addicted to something you have to do to survive? Yes, you can be addicted to the wrong foods, like sugar. And it is in EVERYTHING!

So this morning I was hungry. I of course needed to eat. But I have to make everything from scratch. I did a quick search and found a recipe for GF banana oat pancakes. Then I had a craving for something my dad made once.. so here goes. These have a strong banana flavor, you HAVE to use a very ripe banana.

Also the topping you see is something my dad made when I was young. He ALWAYS made a big breakfast on Sundays, pancakes or french toast or waffles, sausage, bacon, eggs. It was too much, and he would get upset that everyone didn't eat enough. But I LOVED this topping he made.


Banana Oat Pancakes
1 very ripe banana
1 cup GF oats (quick or regular)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup milk (any kind you can use) plus maybe a little more if needed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 TBS honey, agave, maple syrup, etc
1 TBS ACV (apple cider vinegar)

Blend all in blender or blender cup until smooth. May need to add a little more milk if it gets too thick. Let stand a few minutes to let the oats soften after the blend.

Heat cast iron pan over med-low heat, you can use non-stick if you prefer. Grease your cast iron with grease of choice (bacon grease, coconut oil, butter). Pour or scoop 1/4 cup of batter and put onto hot pan, spread out. Cook until golden brown, flip pancakes, again cook until golden brown.
Serve with  your preferred topping. This made six 4-inch pancakes that were thick, and a bit dense. Three filled me up!

The topping my dad made he did with I think Mrs. Buttersworth maple syrup, but I just use whatever maple syrup I have, real or fake. He also used Jif Peanut butter, but I can't use that kind it has soy in it.

PB YUM
1/4 cup soft butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup maple syrup

Put all in a bowl, mix with whisk, hand mixer or wooden spoon until everything is mixed together and there are no lumps. Put into a jar or other storage container, store in fridge. No worries it softens on hot toast, hot pancakes and hot waffles no problem. 

I have a couple kids that will get a spoon and eat this that way as well. I think one even made a sandwich with it, no jelly, just this PB yum on bread. 

I hope you like it, let me know.





No comments:

Post a Comment