Saturday, November 24, 2018

Crock Pot or Instant Pot Challenge WEEK #4 !!!!!!!!

Thanksgiving was the first day of this week. Can you believe it? Wow, almost done with this challenge. We used the instant pot for potatoes on Thanksgiving. And the ham was in the crock pot.
The Ham: This was a carvemaster ham from costco, and I just sliced it thin, and put the whole thing into the crock pot, with the juices in the package. Set it on low early in the morning so it was ready at 2pm. Because of little kids, I put it in a dish for serving so they could reach.

 The Spuds..  were fabulous! All we did was peel some russett potatoes, cut them into chunks and put them in the instant pot with 2 cups of water. Then we set it to steam for 8 minutes. Yes, some stuck to the bottom, but they were cooked and we mashed them, then my kiddo added half and half, garlic and parmesan.. The flavor was great!
This was my 8-qt instant pot. We only cooked up 15 potatoes. Creamy deliciousness

Drew's World Famous Garlic Mash
3 1/2 pounds of russet or Idaho Gold's potatoes, peeled and chunked evenly
Sauce: 2 TBS kosher salt
2 cups half and half
8 - 10 cloves of minced garlic
6 ounces of fresh grated parmesan cheese

Boil spuds in salted water until soft. While those cook, gently bring salt, half and half, garlic to low simmer. When spuds are done cooking and soft. DRAIN. Mash, then add sauce. Stir well. Then stir in parmesan cheese.
Serve with or with out gravy. Serve with a great side like filet mignon, lobster tail, or meat. Best with friends and family.

November 25.. I made a butternut squash soup in my crock pot. I didn't really follow a recipe. I roasted diced butternut squash, and one russett potato, an onion, and some garlic. AFter I roasted it in the oven for some more flavor, I put all that into the crock pot with chicken bone broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Set on low for about 6 hours. Then just before serving, I pulled out the bayleaf and used my stick blender to make it smooth. This soup was yummy and comforting. We had this with Thanksgiving leftovers.. I put the turkey in a glass casserole, poured the gravy over than, then the potatoes on top of that. I also rewarmed the leftover ham.   Nothing left, and everyone was full.

November 29th, I made up more hard eggs. Yes, I think I do this atleast weekly. We eat a lot of eggs, they are a complete protein and good for you. Again, did these in the instant pot. That was the end of Week 4.

I hope everyone was able to use their crock pots and instant pots this month. We use them often, but I think once life slows down a little, we will change our menu.. I am getting bored. It's hard when you are gluten free, soy free, corn free, and sugar free. I try but don't always succeed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment