House cleaning is like stringing beads with no knot at the end of the thread.

"Usually the Lord gives us the overall objectives to be accomplished and some guidelines to follow, but he expects us to work out most of the details and methods." -Ezra Taft Benson-







Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"McDonalds" Pancakes

Me: "Good Morning, what would you like for breakfast today?"
The Brood: "Pancakes"
Me: "What kind of pancakes would you like?"
The Brood: "McDonald's Pancakes"

McDonalds pancakes.. easy. Now I don't make these like the restaurant. I don't use preservatives, weird oils, and "white" flour. Originally I made these using a few tablespoons of cannery vanilla pudding, but since I am out of that, I just add some vanilla.

Now mind you, I don't use store bought flours. I know, I am weird. I make my own all-purpose flour. Yes I grind the grains myself. Remember you can use beans for oil, which I did today! The kids didn't notice a difference either. Give this recipe a try.

Our version of McDonalds Pancakes:

1 egg
2 TBS oil, or bean puree
3/4 cup sour milk (usually reconstituted powdered milk, and I put 2 tsp lemon juice in it)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 TBS sugar
1TBS baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 handful of oatmeal

Mix it all up and cook it on a hot griddle. Now for our family I did multiply this by 4. IF any leftover batter, then I store it in a jar in the fridge. Usually someone wants pancakes when everyone else is having eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment