House cleaning is like stringing beads with no knot at the end of the thread.

"Usually the Lord gives us the overall objectives to be accomplished and some guidelines to follow, but he expects us to work out most of the details and methods." -Ezra Taft Benson-







Thursday, August 26, 2010

End of summer coming soon!

You may have noticed that the temperatures aren't high, and it isn't staying light as long in the evenings.  I am rather bummed about this. I really do love the summer time. So many fun adventures to have. So much to get done. Anyway, I have been busy with canning, drying and children.. of course.. LOL

Today I went to DK market, winco and Foley's.

DK Market:

bartlet pears $0.49/#
apples $0.59/# to $0.89/#
peaches and nectarines were under a dollar a pound, sorry I didn't really notice as I wasn't looking for those.

Winco:
apples from $0.99/# and up
walla walla sweets 5#/ $3.98
rolled oats and quick oats $10.70/25# bag
pinto beans $15.35/ 25 # bag

Foley's:
gravenstein apples $9.95/ 20# box
golden apples in 20# boxes, I forget the price
canning tomatoes too!

Just a heads up.. good luck finding roma's for canning, they have had a terrible season.

No comments:

Post a Comment