Sunday, October 27, 2019

October Challenge Week 4: Oct 27-31

Yup it's a short week challenge. Why? Because I feel the November and December challenges are very important and need to be done. SO with that said, here is what I was thinking about.

It is getting down right cold outside! I woke up to 14 degrees at 6 am, and it only warmed to 26 degrees. This is not my favorite time of year. I loathe being cold, I despise the cold.

Hmm.. so what do you think this week's challenge is? Well it kind of goes with preparedness. Do you have a gas tank outside? Natural gas or propane? Is it full?  Don't have gas? Do you have a fireplace or wood stove? Do you have enough wood?


Do you have blankets in storage? Do you have blankets strewn about your living room making a fort? Do you have enough blankets when the power is out and you don't have an alternate heat source?

The challenge this week is to get your gas tanks filled if you have them AND to make sure you have enough warm blankets. This includes the tanks for your barbeque! Because when the power is out, you can still cook on your BBQ. And blankets, not baby blankets, I mean good sized ones that more than one person can be under, because combined heat is much warmer. I even throw my dogs into my blankets with humans so that everyone stays warm.

This current house does not have a real fireplace :(  It makes me sad, I love wood heat. But we do have a propane gas fireplace in the basement, so I am calling to get that big tank filled, along with my BBQ tanks, the tanks on my camper too.

As for blankets, I am picking up a few more. Honestly, you can't have too many, because winter is also cold and flu season, that means vomit, and if a blanket has that on it, you can bet it is in the washer and a replacement must be found immediately. So Yes, I am getting more blankets too.


So there you go, This week is short! Only 4 days.. but that should be enough time to get it done.

1 comment:

  1. I did it! I got my big tank for the house filled, plus all my little tanks for the bbq and the trailer. We pulled blankets out of the closets, washed them and they are ready. And I picked up 2 blankets at the store.
    We no longer have a wood fireplace so I didn't have to split and stack wood this year, or put any on the front deck ready to grab.

    ReplyDelete