Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer is here

I have been busy with berries... yup, been canning strawberry jam, and making strawberry freezer jam and freezing strawberries. We'll have more berries coming next week. I won't be cooking anymore berries for jams. I will be making some freezer jam, and freezing berries.

I am  hoping by the end of this week I will have some zucchini ready to pick, and hopefully a couple of onions, some beets, and some chamomile. Today I will be harvesting some oregano and drying it. My little tiny oregano bush overwintered great, and now it huge. I will also be harvesting some sage.

My potatoes are growing, and it's time to add a tire and more dirt. My squashes in the tires don't seem to be doing well, but I'm praying soon there will be a possitive change.

No comments:

Post a Comment